There has been a lot of misinformation spread all around about diet and nutrition. For example, it’s best to eat 6 small meals per day, eat low fat, eat everything in moderation, etc. It’s enough to make your head spin.
The bottom line is that your body takes food and turns it into energy. If it is working well, it can do this efficiently and keep your cells working correctly.
If I were to make some blanket statements about diet/nutrition, they would be:
1. Fat is not the enemy.
2. You don’t need nearly as much food as you think you do.
3. There is a huge distinction between Hunger and Appetite. Hunger is your body’s NEED for food, while Appetite is your brain’s DESIRE for food. You are probably not hungry too often.
4. You can live without air for 3 minutes, water for 3 days and food for 3 weeks!
5. You metabolism probably runs on carbohydrates right now, but a fat-based metabolism is better.
6. When you eat is just as important as what you eat.
7. You have probably never ever been starving!
8. Mitochondrial function (where the magic of food to energy takes place in the cells) may just be the most important key to health and disease. Maximizing this function is critical with nutrition, body temperature, toxin exposure, inflammation levels and light exposures all being key factors. (will discuss more)
We need to maximize your diet and nutrition!
set up an initial consultation here (link)